Is it possible to release for Mac?
A downloadable game for Windows
Type out the words above the enemies to defeat them!
- You can erase the entire line at once by pressing the "DEL" key.
- Don't wait for the animation to end to type the next word. One attack can target multiple enemies if you're fast enough.
- If you'd like a targeted practice, you can select which keys you want to disable in the custom game menu.
- Your score multiplier and time for calculating words per minute freeze when there aren't any enemies on screen between waves.
- The WPM stat is 100% accurate. See this blog post if you'd like to know more.
- Stats tracking
- Custom games
- Default dictionaries of ~56000 words and ~23000 words for english and french respectively.
- Easily change languages in the options menu. (English, Français)
- More languages could be added relatively easily since a good part of the work to enable localization has already been done. If you'd like to see another language and/or keyboard pattern please leave a comment!
Please leave some feedback below
What works? What doesn't? What do you want to see in the game?
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey, thanks for the feedback! It's really heart-warming to see someone took the time to write an article.
What a fun mini-game! Could re-adjust the GUI to 800x 1024 as default screen. Also, looking forward to additional language-support :)
Thanks! Which language would you like to see?
If you could add JP or KR?
I'd love to! I'm not too familiar with Korean, I've heard it has an alphabet-like system? I could do romaji Japanese (or the Korean equivalent) relatively easily. Supporting kanji would be a lot of work. Maybe eventually.
Played this on my channel! I'll have you know that is very difficult to play this and talk at the same time.
I really enjoyed your video! About the boss: you just have to take it down as fast as possible at the moment but I could add a mechanic to block damage. Sorry for the rude words, the word selection is completely random. This dictionary only has 56k entries. I used to have one with 400k words and it had an even weirder selection!
Thanks for playing!!
Haha, no worries! I remember when there was all the controversy over a DS Scrabble game where the NPCs played "dirty" words. :P
Is it possible to add a HP item into the game too? Or bonus stages?
Hey its a fun game!
I have some feedback though, i think some varieties in skeletons would be great. For example some skeletons that heal you if you kill them, slow the time or a skeleton that damages nearby skeletons when killed. That would open up more strategic options. Or even boss-skeletons whose words you need to type multiple times.
And also some variety in the spawn of the skeletons, maybe have a little break after you defeated a huge wave because sometimes it felt a bit overwhelming lol. Very nice art style though! Hope it helps
Type Knight is both entertaining and a good challenge to exercise typing skills. Of course, if you're like me and aren't a fast typist, then it's just hard. Still, it's well made overall and has a lot of potential for what it is. The art style is pretty nice as well.Good job, dev.
Wow, thank you for the kind words! Watching your video was pure fun for me!
I'll definitely make some changes about the difficulty. The game is a work in progress. Ideally I will have a system that adapts to the player's skill. You weren't the only one finding the game hard!
Being a typing game, I just assumed it was supposed to be difficult, heh. Still, good job on this. It's a good foundation for whatever you do with it next, so good luck on the updates.
If you're taking suggestions, I would recommend enlarging the text that shows when you type and maybe slowing the enemies just slightly. Not a lot, but enough so you aren't getting swarmed after one mistake. Maybe add a mode so they go faster the more you mess up.
Really good premise, looking forward to seeing it improve over time. Also I suck a lot more at this kind of thing than I thought lol
Actually now that I think of it, it might not be a bad idea to have difficulty options.